Invisalign clear aligners utilize a next-gen approach to straightening your teeth, utilizing a custom set of clear aligners that we create just for you and only you. These aligners are made of smooth, comfortable, and virtually invisible plastic that you simply wear over your teeth. Wearing the aligners for about 20-22 hours per day, your teeth will gradually and gently shift into place. We will send you home with a series of custom-made aligners and you simply pop in a new set every 7 to 14 days depending on your individualized treatment plan. Invisalign clear aligners are great for adults and teenagers who choose a more discreet, yet effective orthodontic treatment to improve their smile. The benefits of Invisalign over metal braces include:
- Much more comfortable to wear
- Discomfort is minimal
- Virtually invisible. Most people don’t even notice you’re straightening your teeth
- Invisalign is about the same price as traditional metal braces and is covered under most insurance policies
- Removable aligners so no food restrictions
- Easier to clean
- No need for emergency appointments to fix a broken bracket or pokey wire
- Office visits are less frequent, averaging every 8-12 weeks
Invisalign may be the alternative to braces you have been looking for. Using 3-D graphics to design aligners, Invisalign is easy to wear.
With the most up-to-date procedures available at our office, you will always have the smile you have wanted. Invisalign is one of the most recent developments in the orthodontic field and is an alternative to braces.
Invisible teeth straightening with visible results
Invisalign is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without the use of braces. Invisalign uses 3-D computer graphics to create “aligners”, clear appliances that are simple to use and easy to wear.
Are you a candidate for Invisalign?
Most people are candidates for Invisalign, but the following are exceptions:
- Patients who smoke and are either unable or unwilling to quit during treatment would be unable to wear Invisalign. Smoking can cause discoloration of the aligners, making them appear stained and unappealing.
- People who lack the motivation to wear the aligners for at least 20 hours a day may not be a good candidate for this method. As an Invisalign patient, you have much more control over your treatment, but it is critical that you follow your orthodontist’s instructions. Inadequately wearing your aligners may necessitate costly mid-course corrections to even out your treatment.
- Kids who are too young to take the necessary steps to care for their Invisalign aligners are not suitable candidates.
- Seniors who lack the manual dexterity required to take the aligners on and off are also not good candidates. Failure to perform the basic orthodontic care required to remove the aligners and clean the teeth beneath can result in decay and other complications.
Correcting smile imperfections
Along with being invisible, the aligners are also removable, which allows you to eat and drink whatever you would like whenever you would like. With no metal or wires to worry about, Invisalign is also more comfortable. In clinical research, Invisalign is a proven method.
Invisalign aligners are worn for a certain period of time, usually about two weeks, and then replaced with the next aligner. This moves teeth little by little, and with only certain teeth allowed to move, the controlled movements result in an efficient force delivery system.