What to Expect at Your Consultation
Our initial consultation will give you or you and your child the opportunity to meet, learn more about orthodontics, receive a comprehensive exam and determine your or your child’s orthodontic needs. We will be happy to answer any questions or treatment concerns you may have. We will also provide a financial estimate and review our flexible payment plans with you.
During this initial 60 minutes complimentary consultation, we will:
- Review your completed medical history form and insurance form.
- Take diagnostic records and complete a comprehensive exam.
- Create a customized treatment plan, including the length of treatment.
- Discuss all financial information, insurance options, and payment plans.
- Answer any questions you or your child may have about the proposed treatment.
If orthodontic treatment is not necessary for your child at this time, he or she will be placed on a six- or twelve-month recall interval for us to monitor your child’s developing teeth and jaws until your child is ready for treatment. These growth and observation appointments are free of charge.
What You Need To Bring
Please make sure you have the following items below for the initial consultation:
- INFORMATION. Completed New Patient Form. For your convenience, you can print this form from our website, complete and bring to your consultation or arrive 10 minutes early to complete the paperwork. Make sure you disclose all medical problems, including allergies you or your child may have, as well as any medications you or your child are taking.
- COPY OF YOUR INSURANCE CARD. We will make a copy of the front and back of your dental insurance card.
- RESPONSIBLE PARTY. A parent or guardian must accompany all minors. If possible, bring all parties involved in the financial decision making process including grandparents. We can FaceTime or Oovoo as well!
Types of Orthodontic X-rays
At your initial consultation, we will take a series of two x-rays which are different than x-rays done by your general dentist.
- Cephalometric x-ray: provides a view of the jaw and front teeth and is used as a baseline to monitor growth in recall patients
- Panoramic X-ray: provides an entire view of the upper and lower teeth, root, jaw bone, jaw joint and allows evaluation of the number of baby, extra and/or missing teeth.
Unlike x-rays of the past, today’s high tech x-ray machines produce an insignificant amount of radiation. The radiation exposure of one modern x-ray is minimal.
If orthodontic treatment is not necessary for your child at this time, he or she will be placed on a six- or twelve-month recall interval for us to monitor your child’s developing teeth and jaws. Recall appointments consist of digital x-rays, if needed, and digital facial photos. These recall appointments are complimentary.