At Texas Orthodontics for Kids, we offer a range of services to help you achieve the perfect smile. Orthodontic treatment is an intelligent investment in your dental and emotional health. An attractive smile enhances your health and helps improve self-confidence. It also makes it easier to brush and floss your teeth, which are essential for oral health.
Worth the Investment
A straight, healthy smile improves overall dental health (teeth and gums), which usually decreases your dental care costs over your lifetime. Few investments can give you such long-term benefits.
At Texas Orthodontics for Kids, we realize that orthodontics treatment is discretionary, and, as such, competes with many other major purchases and investments. However, the short- and long-term benefits or orthodontic treatment make it one of the best values available today – and tomorrow.
The Positive Effect Of Orthodontic Treatment
The positive changes created by orthodontic treatment can have a profound effect on an individual’s quality of life and self-esteem. According to a survey of American adults, ages 18 to 50, conducted by Harris Interactive:
- 84 % perceive having an attractive smile as important
- 85 % consider a person’s smile to be very important when meeting someone for the first time
- 90 % said they thought people with good teeth are more attractive
For Your Health
Straight, well-aligned teeth:
- Are less prone to chipping and wear
- Are easier to clean, and less likely to develop cavities
- Reduce the chance of gingivitis, recession, and gum disease (which can result in tooth loss)
A Properly Aligned Bite
- Aides proper food digestion and chewing
- Reduces the amount of stress that teeth experience when you chew – leading to a longer lifespan for your teeth
- Less strain on jaw muscles and joints
Reducing gaps and spaces between teeth can help avoid the need for bridges or dental implants later in life.
A healthy smile is critical to your lifelong health. Simply stated, crooked or crowded teeth are difficult to clean properly. Poor oral hygiene will contribute to conditions that cause not only tooth decay, but also more serious conditions that eventually lead to gum disease and tooth loss. There are also certain types of bite problems that cause damage to teeth or gums. For example, severe overbites make it much more likely that a person will suffer fracture or injury to the upper front teeth. Also, poor bites may contribute to gum recession, or uneven wearing of teeth, which may also result in premature tooth loss.
FEEL HAPPY IN YOUR SMILE
A straight, healthy smile can:
- Increase your confidence
- Improve your self-acceptance and overall well being
- Enhance your attractiveness
- Increase your chances of personal and professional success
It is a proven fact that the results of orthodontic treatment have a positive impact on an individual’s self-esteem and self-confidence. Many research studies have shown that an attractive smile carries social benefits at all ages and levels of society, while an unattractive smile can sometimes be a social handicap.